BUPA insurance with adventure sports cover is a great travel insurance plan – Called Bupa Global Travel Insurance (with optional Trip Cancellation), it is one of the most popular and well-liked travel plans in the world and is recognized by doctors and hospitals worldwide. Bupa offers both an annual travel insurance plan (which covers you for as many trips as you need anywhere in the world for a year), or you can select single trip insurance for your next trip or vacation. You can even choose any of these currencies – USD, EUR, CHF, and GBP to cover your premium.
How do claims work with BUPA? Easy! Here are some key points to keep in mind.
- On the spot by swiping your Bupa card (where available)
- Online with myBupa via the member self-service area
- Using the Bupa applicaton on your smartphone
- Submitting a claim by mail
- At a local Bupa center (see brochure)
Please be aware that BUPA no longer offers plans to U.S. or Canadian residents traveling overseas. This plan does insure non-U.S. and non-Canadian residents traveling anywhere in the world, including to the USA or Canada.
Your BUPA medical insurance plan is designed for the globally-minded traveler. BUPA insurance is more than just travel insurance. It is travel assistance, wellness, help with travel documents, and more! BUPA’s global health plan goes beyond just insuring you in case of a serious illness or emergency. BUPA insurance also include access to a range of wellness benefits that look out for your all-round health too.
- Please note that most adventure sports are covered. However, these sports / services right below are not covered.
- BASE jumping is not covered
- Paragliding is not covered
- Search and rescue services is not covered
- Motorsports is not covered
Below are benefits on the BUPA Global Travel insurance plan
- You are covered outside the country you are residing in. For example:
- If you are a German citizen, but residing in India you will be covered throughout the world including the U.S. but not in India.
- If you are an Australian citizen residing in South Africa you will be covered throughout the world including the USA, Australia, the rest of the world excluding South Africa.
- If you are an Indonesian citizen residing in Indonesia you will be covered throughout the world minus Indonesia.
- U.S. residents and Canadian residents are not eligible to purchase this plan, however it covers non-U.S. residents and non-Canadian residents in both the USA and Canada.
- Coverage is up through age 69
- Unlimited evacuation and medical coverage
- Additional non-medical option and trip cancellation option also if desired (See link in grey area for more information or call us).
- No co-insurance and no deductible
- 100% coverage for emergency treatment and medical evacuation
- 24-hour Emergency Service
- Your free choice of hospitals and doctors
- Free coverage for children under the age of two is included
- “Complications of pregnancy” are covered up to the 36 week of pregnancy
- Covers worldwide outside policy holder country of residence
- Direct payment of all hospital bills all over the world
- Worldwide coverage during all types of travel: business, volunteer, study and leisure travel / vacations
- Coverage in all risk and war zones (additional fee may apply).
- No restrictions on hazardous sports or occupations (except professional motorsports)
- Rescue benefit is covered on this plan however this plan does not cover for search. Hence, the client should know where they need to be rescued from (IE: their exact position)
- This plan does not cover:
- Active participation in motorsports (shows, races, competition), base jumping, paragliding and mountaineering that requires specialized climbing equipment
- These activates and locations: expeditions, mountaineering and trekking in Antarctica, North Pole, and Greenland
- The Worldwide Health Options provides coverage for hazardous sports or occupations, therefore these sports or occupations do not have to be done solely for leisure, recreational, entertainment or fitness.
- For example a professional surfer, would be covered for surfing
- Another example a pilot or someone learning to fly would also be covered.
- League, Amateur, Collegiate, and Professional sports are covered except motorsports and the exclusions listed on this web page and on the brochure.