BUPA insurance is one of our favorite worldwide travel insurance for our global traveler. Our BUPA global travel insurance provides unlimited medical and emergency evacuation cover. BUPA global medical insurance also has some unique advantages for you. Here are a few:
- Worldwide cover
- Unlimited medical cover
- 24/7 in-house emergency service
- Free choice of hospitals and doctors
- No deductible or co-payment on Basic Cover
- Most dangerous sports and occupations covered
- Risk and war zone cover – Excluding Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea, Crimea and Cuba
- Optional coverage for baggage, liability and trip cancellation
- Almost all nationalities covered (Excluding residents of USA, Canada, Brazil, Thailand, and Nigeria
- Global risk and security monitoring
- Easy to extend online even after you left on your trip
Below is more information about our BUPA global insurance plan through questions and answers:
- Definition of residence: Where the insured has his/her permanent home or principal establishment and to where, whenever the insured is absent, the insured intends to return”
- Hazardous sports/occupations: The coverage for hazardous sports/occupations is already included so there is no need to add anything.
- This plan does not cover:
- Active participation in motorsports (shows, races, competition), base jumping, paragliding and mountaineering that requires specialized climbing equipment.
- These activities and locations: Expeditions, mountaineering and trekking in Antarctica, North Pole, and Greenland.
Question: Will I be covered outside my country of citizenship or my country of residence?
Answer: You will be covered outside the country you are residing. For example:
- If you are a German citizen but residing in India you will be covered throughout the world including the U.S. minus India.
- If you are an Australian citizen residing in South Africa you will be covered throughout the world including the U.S, Australia, the rest of the world minus South Africa.
- If you are an Indonesian citizen residing in Indonesia you will be covered throughout the world minus Indonesia.
- U.S. residents and Canadian residents are not eligible to purchase this plan, or residents of Brazil, Thailand and Nigeria. However, it does cover non-U.S. residents and non-Canadian residents traveling to and within both the USA and Canada, as well as in Thailand, Brazil and Nigeria.
Question: Are crampons and ice axes considered specialized climbing gear?
Answer: Yes, they are. BUPA sports medical travel plan is unable to provide coverage if these items are needed for climbing / trekking.
Question: Will my BUPA travel sports international medical plan provide coverage for visits to my team doctor?
Answer: Yes it will. There are no medical provider networks to worry about with your BUPA travel medical plan.