BUPA Travel Trip Cancellation Benefits is important for your vacation travels. We also have included other vital benefits of your Bupa travel insurance cover. Bupa travel insurance USA allows you to tailor your own travel insurance policy. The medical cover is a mandatory part of your international travel insurance but you may also enhance your insurance cover by choosing the Non-Medical Option and the Trip Cancellation Option.
- Direct payment of all hospital bills
- IHI Bupa’s own Medical Centre (24-hour emergency service)
- Access to our medical consultants
- Free choice of doctors and hospitals
- Full cover with no deductible
- Worldwide cover during all types of travel: leisure, study and business
- Free cover of children under the age of two
- unlimited medical cover
- in & out patient treatment
- compassionate emergency repatriation
- compassionate emergency visit
- transport of the deceased home
On top of the Basic Cover you have a choice between the Bupa travel insurance Non-Medical Option or the Bupa Trip Cancellation Option.
- Personal accident – death and disability
- Baggage – theft, loss or damage
- Baggage delay
- Personal Liability – property damage
- Personal liability – bodily injury
- Flight delay
- Hospital daily benefit
- Security and legal assistance
BUPA Trip Cancellation Option
This option covers you for any costs incurred should you have to cancel your trip due to an acute medical condition, injury or death.
Question: Do I have to have this Trip Cancellation benefit?
Answer: No. This is an optional benefit that you can simply add to your BUPA international travel insurance by clicking the box on the quote screen. * To get to the quote screen, you can click the link above to go back to the main BUPA page, and click the Get A Quote orange button.
Question: What is the maximum coverage?
There is up to $2,000 USD maximum trip cancellation insurance cover for the Single Trip policy.
For the multiple trip policy, called the Annual Travel, the limit of international trip cancellation insurance is a maximum of $1,500 USD per trip.
Question: What is covered on the trip cancellation option/rider
The insurance provides cover from trip cancellation in the event that:
- Insured cannot travel due to death of a close relative
- Insured becomes seriously ill or injured requiring hospitalization, or dies
- Insured is declared medically unfit to travel
- Pre-existing conditions related to this will not be covered unless they meet the guidelines found in the BUPA international travel insurance policy brochure
Question: What is not covered on this Trip Cancellation benefit?
Here are some examples of situations that are not covered:
- Decide not to go for reasons not covered, such as if your pet dies, your niece is getting married or you just don’t want to go anymore
- Visa is denied
- Border crossing denied
- Lost job