Grapes are a favorite fruit for many people. Grapes have many health benefits, including counteracting free radicals in the body. In France, grapes are commonly enjoyed in the form of wine. Although there are different kinds of grapes, not all of them can be made into wine. Some examples of grapes that can be made into wine are: Cabernet Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Syrah/Shiraz, and Pinot Noir.
Wines differ in taste based on the type of grapes used. Wine can be divided into several types:
- Red Wine is made from red and purple grapes. Examples are Dolcetto, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot.
- White Wine is made from green and red grapes (without skin, only the clear fruit). Examples are Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, and Sauvignon Blanc
- Sparkling Wine, or Champagne, contains carbon dioxide. As the name implies, this type of wine is only made from grapes grown in the Champagne region
- Rose Wine is made from red grapes. The red grapes are crushed and saved in a tube for 1-3 days and then the skin is removed. In France, mixing white and red wine to produce rose wine is illegal, except for champagne.
- Sweet Wine, or Desert Wine, has a very sweet taste.
- Fortified wine contains a higher amount of alcohol than other wines.
France is known as the largest and oldest country that produces and sells wine. Wine made in France is better quality because they still use traditional manufacturing processes. French wine is known for its soft, smooth and elegant characteristics. In France, 5 areas are known as some of the best wine producers in the world. Bordeaux is famous for its red wine. Bourgogne or Burgundy is famous for both red and white wine, and is more expensive because of the quality as well as the limited production. Alsace is famous for its sweet white wine. Champagne is the region where sparkling wine is produced. Valley Calley is the 3rd largest white wine producing area in France.
For the French, wine is an everyday drink that must be always be available at meals. Wine is a symbol of togetherness, luxury, success, and victory.
Good Neighbor Insurance provides travel insurance for those going to France or anywhere outside their country of citizenship! Check us out here at https://www.overseastripinsurance.com/ for the best travel plans to fit your requests or call our GNI agents here at our toll free number, 866-636-9100 or here at 480-633-9500 in Arizona.
Have an amazing and safe travels!