Hong Kong is a well-known tourist destination in Asia. It is a favorite destination for both shopaholics and travelers. But another must to do in Hong Kong is food. Because Hong Kong is a coastal city, the majority of the food is seafood. The seafood district lies in the central part of the city. Often, you can choose the seafood you want directly from an aquarium, and then it is cooked by the restaurant. It is important to know the price and weight of the fish before choosing it, because some restaurants price based on weight and season. Some of the most famous seafood dishes in Hong Kong are:
• Steamed Fish is presented simply with herbs and spices so you can taste the actual fish.
• Fried Crab is crab that is fried with ginger, red chili and garlic. Some restaurants use a chili sauce.
• Roasted Crab is usually roasted using a combination of traditional Chinese methods and western methods.
There are also some popular non-seafood dishes, including:
• Dim Sum, which means “touch your heart”, is a favorite in Hong Kong. Dim sum is usually cooked in bamboo, even when it is fried or roasted. Some of the different kinds of dim sum are steamed shrimp dumplings, pork dumplings, and steamed barbecue pork-stuffed buns.
• Cantonese Rotisserie/Barbecue is meat that is roasted or steamed, usually with a sauce. This can be various kinds of meat, including pork, duck, and chicken. The meat is either served with rice or vermicelli.
• Stinky tofu is street food. The tofu is soaked in a brine made from fermented milk, vegetables, and meat. It can be soaked for a few hours or a few months. In Hong Kong, the tofu is fried and usually served with hoisin sauce and chili sauce.
• Cheung Fun are rice noodle rolls. They have a sticky texture and covered using styrofoam cup which is already coated by paper and chopsticks. For additional, it is often added with some kinds of sauce, such as nut sauce, sweet sauce, sesame sauce.
• Wonton Noodle Soup consist of dumplings noodles and sauce made of shrimp, minced pork. Besides can be tasted with sauce, you may choose wonton noodle soup without sauce.
• Claypot Rice is Hong Kong special food which is cooked in ceramic bowl with many kinds of topping like pan fried chicken mix, pork, cow, and seafood. It has the smell of burn under the rice and mix favorite dish.
• Roast Goose Rice presented by using half of roasted goose. Because of it price for this food is expensive enough, it can be found in Wellington Street-Central.
• Hong Kong’s Toast, has toast as main ingredients, which then fried with eggs that has shaken and watered by sweetened condensed milk. Even the made process is simple, but the price for the food quite expensive. It usually enjoyed with tea or coffee
• Beef Noodle is a beef consommé mixed with noodle that can be chosen by visitor, it is combined with chili oil and chili lime. The prices are different, depends on soup mixed that has been chosen.
Check us out at http://www.gninsurance.com/ and let our professional trained international insurance agents (toll free number 866-636-9100provide you peace of mind so that you may enjoy charging your credit card with fun things instead of a bad international hospital bills.