CSA Travel Insurance – Understanding your plan web page is all about you, our guests! Good Neighbor Insurance wants to make sure you have all the investment benefits at your fingertips so that you have the peace of mind you deserve as you go on your family vacation.
Of course you may always reach our trained international insurance agents here at our Arizona office at our toll free number, 866-636-9100 or our other Arizona phone number at 480-633-9500. You may also reach us by emailing to .
- Pre-existing medical conditions accepted up to final trip payment
- No Out-of-Pocket expense or claims filing for Medical Expenses under $1000, within designated provider network
- Policy available for trips up to 365 days
- Consult a Doctor TM , 24/7 access to a licensed U.S. physician
- Identity Theft Protection for six full months, beginning on trip departure day (except for residents of Canada & New York.)
- No deductibles
- Emergency Medical Transportation coverage included to the nearest suitable medical facility, help to return home and companion air fare to visit you if you are traveling alone and are hospitalized for more than 7 days
- $250,000 Emergency Medical Transportation coverage per policy and $50,000 Medical or Dental Expense Coverage per policy. May upgrade to Luxe policy to include Emergency Medical Transportation coverage of $1,000,000 per policy and Medical or Dental Expense coverage of $250,000 per policy
- 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance and concierge services included
- Optional “Cancel For Any Reason” coverage for up to 100% of non-refundable trip costs for the CSA Freestyle Luxe plan
- 10 day free look! CSA will refund your insurance premium if you cancel your insurance within 10 days of purchase and have not filed a claim or departed on your trip
What is a covered event?
Covered events will be described in your Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy, but generally refer to events such as a strike, severe weather or a terrorist event. As with any insurance policy, customers are strongly encouraged to read their Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy for details regarding their available coverage.
When can I buy coverage?
You can always purchase the insurance, however, for there to be coverage for a specific covered event listed in the policy, such as flight cancellations due to strike or inclement weather, the plan would need to have been purchased prior to the event happening or being announced. Once the event happens or is announced, it becomes foreseeable.
What is a foreseeable event?
Foreseeable simply means reasonably known beforehand. Once it is reasonable that people traveling to an area would know about an event, it becomes foreseeable. For example, if the airline you are flying announces that they are going on strike, the event becomes foreseeable once they make the announcement.
Is it possible to insure pre-existing medical conditions?
Yes, CSA can accepts pre-existing medical conditions for you, your traveling companions and family members. Moreover, CSA offers its customers the flexibility to cover pre-existing conditions up to final payment. Pre-existing medical conditions are accepted with most of our plans when you meet two requirements. First, you must not be disabled from travel when you buy the insurance. Second, you must purchase the insurance prior to or within 24 hours of your final payment.
What is On Demand Medical Care?
On Demand Medical Care provides you with immediate access to a network of physicians anywhere in the world; it’s like taking a doctor with you on vacation.
Consult A Doctor™
Connect instantly with a network of physicians for information, advice, and treatment, including prescription medication, when appropriate. Save time and money and get back to enjoying your vacation.
No Out Of Pocket Medical
No claims to file! If you get sick or injured while traveling, we can get you to a trusted provider and even handle the payment for acute, one time treatments up to $1,000.
How does your “no out-of-pocket” service work?
If you need medical assistance while traveling or en route to trip departure, you can call CSA’s 24-hour assistance hotline to get a referral within the CSA designated provider network of 30,000 physicians and 180,000 service providers worldwide. Then when you receive treatment, you simply acknowledge that you received the one-time care, which must be under $1,000, and the physician or service provider will submit paperwork to be reimbursed directly from CSA. This allows you to receive treatment without spending your vacation dollars when the unexpected occurs. If the medical expense is more than $1,000 the standard claims process would be in place.
What’s available to me before, during and after my trip?
Before and during your trip, a 24-Hour emergency hotline is available to assist you with various travel needs, including medical and legal referrals, emergency cash transfers, pre-travel advice, translation services, identity theft resolution services, concierge services and more. If the unexpected occurs, our customer service representatives will assist you with any claims forms needed, as well as provide you with individualized attention. Upon receipt of your completed claims forms, a dedicated claims agent will be assigned specifically to your case upon your return.
Can my traveling companions and I be insured on the same policy?
Yes. However, note that some benefits are subject to policy maximums. If there are more than 10 travelers, we recommend purchasing one of our group policies.
If the total trip cost is not equally shared by travelers, you may want to consider purchasing different policies.
May I add coverage to my policy after I purchase it?
Yes. If you purchase additional arrangements prior to your departure date, a simple phone call to customer service will allow you to add coverage. Should you need to extend the dates for your trip, you may do so by calling us prior to your scheduled return date.
What if I change my mind?
If you purchase this plan and are not satisfied within 10 days of receipt, contact CSA Travel Protection directly to indicate your desire to cancel. If you haven’t already left on your trip or filed a claim, you will receive a complete refund.
I understand I can cancel for any reason. How does that work and what percentage of my trip costs and premium will be reimbursed if I do?
“Cancel for any reason” is an optional coverage that can be added to our Luxe plan. “Cancel for any reason” coverage is built to protect your pre-paid, non-refundable trip costs, such as cruise packages, tours and side trips if you must cancel. Your percentage of reimbursement will depend on how far from trip departure you are. The further you are from your departure date at time of cancellation, the higher the percentage of reimbursement.
If only certain members of your group must cancel, “trip cancellation” benefits are provided for covered reasons defined in the policy.
Here’s How The CSA Freestyle Luxe Cancel For Any Reason Benefit Works:
|Cancellation Penalty||Maximum payable under the policy|
|Up to 25% of trip cost||100% of the scheduled penalty at the time of trip cancellation|
|26% to 50% of trip cost||90% of the scheduled penalty at the time of trip cancellation|
|51% to 75% of trip cost||80% of the scheduled penalty at the time of trip cancellation|
|Over 76% of trip cost||70% of the scheduled penalty at the time of trip cancellation|
You can cancel your Trip for any reason not otherwise covered by the policy and be reimbursed for up to 100% of the prepaid, forfeited, nonrefundable Payments or Deposits you paid for your Trip.
The Cancel For Any Reason benefit’s cost is 50% extra for the CSA Freestyle Luxe.
You must fulfill these requirements to have the Cancel For Any Reason Benefit:
- 1) You must order your CSA Freestyle Luxe plan no later than 24 hours after your initial trip payment; and
- You insure all prepaid Trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions and also insure within 7 days of the payment for those arrangements the cost of any subsequent arrangements (or any other subsequent arrangements not made through your travel agent) added to your Trip; and
- You are not disabled from travel at the time you pay your premium; and
- You must cancel your Trip 48 hours or more before your Scheduled Trip Departure Date.
Important: If you insure an amount less than your total prepaid trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restriction there will be no coverage available under the Optional Cancel For Any Reason Benefit, if purchased.
If you purchase within 24 hours of your Final Trip Payment, you’ll receive coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- CSA can accept pre-existing medical conditions for you, your traveling companions and family members.
- Pre-existing medical conditions are accepted with most of our plans when you meet two requirements. First, you must not be disabled from travel when you buy the insurance. Second, you must purchase the insurance prior to or within 24 hours of your final payment.
- Consult a Doctor™
- Medical Referral
- No Out-of-Pocket Medical Expense
- Traveling Companion Assistance
- Emergency Cash Transfer
- Legal Referral
- Locating Lost or Stolen Items
- Replacement of Medication and Eyeglasses
- Embassy and Consular Services
- Worldwide Medical Information
- Emergency Message Relay
- Pet Return
- Vehicle Return
- Pre-Trip Assistance
- Identity Theft Restoration
Consult A Doctor offers 24/7 access to its proprietary nationwide cross-coverage network of U.S. licensed physicians for telephone and secure e-mail medical consultations.
Physicians provide specific answers to medical questions and advice regarding non-emergency, routine medical conditions.
Physicians discuss symptoms, recommend treatment options, diagnose many common conditions, and prescribe
medication when appropriate.
If an emergency occurs during a trip that requires you to visit a doctor, you should call the Emergency Hotline to obtain the names of local qualified doctors who speak your language.
If additional medical services are required, the assistance provider is prepared to consult with the attending physician
and provide such assistance, as they believe to be in your best interest.
If you develop an acute illness while on your trip that requires treatment by a physician, you should first call the Emergency Hotline to obtain the name of a local qualified physician in the assistance provider’s network. If an in-network physician is available, the assistance provider will schedule the medical visit and guarantee payment to the physician for a one-time medical visit not to exceed $1000. This service is only available provided there is coverage for the acute illness under the Medical or Dental Expense coverage and is subject to all restrictions, limitations and exclusions provided in the policy. This service is not applicable to expenses for emergency dental treatment.
If your cash or traveler’s checks are lost or stolen, or unanticipated emergency expenses are incurred, the
assistance provider will help arrange for an emergency cash transfer in currency, traveler’s checks, or other
forms as deemed acceptable by the assistance provider. The assistance provider will advance up to $500 after
satisfactory guarantee of reimbursement from you.
The assistance provider will locate attorneys available during regular working hours. Assistance will also be provided to advance bail bond, where permitted by law. You are responsible for contracted legal fees.
The assistance provider will assist in locating and replacing lost or stolen luggage, documents and personal possessions.
Replacement of Medication and Eyeglasses The assistance provider will arrange to fill a prescription that
has been lost, stolen or requires a refill, subject to local law, whenever possible. The assistance provider will also arrange for shipment of replacement eyeglasses. Costs for shipping of medication or eyeglasses, or a prescription refill, etc. are your responsibility. The refill may require a visit to a local physician. You should be prepared to furnish the assistance provider with a copy of your original prescription and/or the name and phone number of your regular attending physician.
The assistance provider will arrange to fill a prescription that has been lost, stolen or requires a refill, subject to local law, whenever possible. The assistance provider will also arrange for shipment of replacement eyeglasses. Costs for shipping of medication or eyeglasses, or a prescription refill, etc. are your responsibility. The refill may require a visit to a local physician. You should be prepared to furnish the assistance provider with a copy of your original prescription and/or the name and phone number of your regular attending physician.
CONTENT FOR “WORLDWIDE MEDICAL INFO” LINK
The assistance provider can provide necessary inoculation and vaccination information, and detailed general health and medical descriptions of destinations around the world.
The assistance provider will make arrangements to have a designated person or provider return your vehicle to your home (or your rental vehicle to the closest rental agency) if you experience a medical emergency or mechanical
problems, which prevent you from driving the vehicle.
City profiles provide travelers access to information on over 10,000 destinations worldwide, including a complete report on local entertainment, social customs, and health
Pre-trip assistance provides information on travel destinations, city profiles, weather, special events, ATM
locations, currency exchange rates, immunization and passport requirements, and related services. Procurement of
hard-to-find items ensures our associates will use every means possible to obtain an obscure or exotic item at your request. Restaurant reviews and reservations provides you with information on restaurants worldwide and the ability to book reservations from anywhere, anytime. Rental car reservations provide worldwide reservations through most major rental car agencies. Airline reservations provide full-service air travel accommodations to destinations worldwide.
Pet Services Locator helps travelers find pet-related services such as veterinarians and pet sitters.
DESCRIPTION OF IDENTITY THEFT RESOLUTION SERVICES (PROVIDED BY CSA’S DESIGNATED PROVIDER)
- Obtain all pertinent credit information and history from you on the phone to determine if a fraud or theft has occurred.
- Educate you on how Identity Theft occurs and inform you of protective measures to take to avoid further occurrences.
- Provide you with a helpful ID Theft Resolution Kit.
- Provide you with a uniform ID Theft Affidavit (“Affidavit”), answer any question with regard to completing the Affidavit and submit the Affidavit to the proper authorities, credit bureaus, and creditors.
- Obtain list of creditors to be contacted and contact them with separate itemized fraudulent account statements for each fraudulent occurrence.
- Report or assist you in reporting the fraudulent activity to the local authorities and forward a report of the said
fraudulent activity to your creditors.
- Notify all three major credit-reporting agencies to obtain a free credit report for you and place an alert on your records with the agencies, and obtain a list of additional creditors from you.
- If the Identity Theft Affidavit proves that you are a victim of Identity Theft, the assistance provider shall provide access via postal mail to credit monitoring to you for one year.
- Place a “security freeze” on your credit records, in states where such law was passed.
- Submit “Authorization Form” and Affidavit to your creditors requesting cancellation of your card(s) and an issuance of a new one(s).
- If other forms of identification were stolen or missing, such as an ATM card, Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Passport and so forth, notify or assist you in notifying the appropriate bank or agency of the situation so that you may take appropriate action and reissue a new form of identification.
- Provide you with assistance in filing or submitting paperwork for special ID Theft Protective measures,
specific to your state of residence.On a weekly basis, until file is closed, contact you with an updated status report.
- When needed, follow up with creditors to ensure that the matter has been properly handled.