- We recommend the GoldPlus and Platinum plan (below) for:
- Those working in for-profit companies outside the U.S.
- Entrepreneurs wanting strong overseas coverage.
- Needing temporary U.S. coverage while visiting family and friends in the U.S.
- Those wanting the 5 Star international medical plan using the GMI Platinum cover
- Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum long-term career health insurance coverage for individuals and families that are working with companies and/or in non-NGO positions overseas.
- Global Medical Insurance (GMI) is a flexible, long-term, annually renewable, U.S.-style major medical insurance program designed for U.S. citizens living abroad, and non-U.S. citizens throughout the world.
- GMI offers the flexibility to select from an assortment of five unique benefit plan options – Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum – Each with different levels of coverage. In addition, there are different areas of coverage available, optional riders, flexible underwriting methods, as well as multiple deductibles and modes of payment.
Five Global Medical Insurance Benefit Options:
The Bronze option is designed for the demanding budget-conscious business person who needs just emergency global medical insurance coverage, but also wants IMG’s unique travel benefits and worldwide network and experience. It has a unique design specifically for areas of the world with low medical costs. If you are looking for highly affordable insurance, this international medical coverage is the one to have. Note that there is a lifetime limit of $1,000,000.
The Silver option provides affordable medical security designed for budget-conscious consumer. With $5,000,000 of lifetime coverage, the Silver option offers a wide range of scheduled benefits equipped to meet your essential needs. The Silver plan is ideal for those planning to receive care in lower cost areas of the world. Please contact Good Neighbor Insurance to discuss your travel plans before purchasing this option.
The Gold option is ideally suited for those who desire full major medical coverage, at the best price. Gold provides comprehensive benefits yet is very competitively priced compared to other international insurance plans. With its complete benefits package, the Gold option is our most popular option and has $5,000,000 of lifetime coverage. Its extensive benefits provide first-rate international medical coverage as well as aid in reducing out-of-pocket expenses.
The Platinum option provides the superior benefits package for the most discerning global consumer. The Platinum option offers enhanced benefits and services with $8,000,000 of lifetime coverage. It is designed for the client who wants the convenience of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits in one plan. It also allows for maternity coverage by selecting the Family Matter Maternity Option. The elite Platinum plan also includes coverage for High School sports with the option to add Adventure Sports and Terrorism coverage.
Unique Benefits on the IMG Global Medical Plan:
- Allows 6 months of U.S. coverage during a 12 month policy period
- All include medical and medical evacuation cover
- Adult wellness starts after 12 months of cover except on the GMMI Silver and Bronze plans
- Child wellness on all plans, but bronze after 12 months
- Medical concierge service
- Maternity coverage automatically included only on the GMMI Platinum plan
- Starts after 10 months of continuous coverage
- This is the Family Matters Maternity Program
- Claims information available online
- Term life insurance rider may be added
- Deductible is reduced by 50% for care received outside the U.S.
- In the U.S., coinsurance is waived when care is received in the PPO.
- Hospital Indemnity of $400 is paid for each day hospitalized outside the U.S. (this is in addition to reimbursing eligible medical expenses.)
- Lifetime medical coverage is available to age 75.