|World class physicians|
|Real-time physician consultation|
|Bed-to-bed logistical support||Sometimes|
|Field rescues for members not at a hospital|
|Member choice of destination hospital|
|Country of residence coverage|
|24/7 Hotline assistance||Sometimes|
|Coverage of all transport & consultative costs||Sometimes|
|Coverage of all sports activities|
|Deployable medical security and field rescue teams|
|Non-medical evacuations (security and crisis)|
|Program||Physician Consultant||Elective Medical Transfers||Transfer Quality Control||Economics|
|Yes||Yes||Yes-CAMTS||All consultative and transfer services are included.|
- 24/7 medical advice and support from world class physicians at Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Medical evacuations from anywhere in the world to your choice of home-country hospital, any time you are more than 160 miles from home and need hospitalization
- Field rescues for medical emergencies requiring hospitalization in the event you are in a remote location and cannot get to a hospital on your own
- Lost medication, visa and passport assistance, and legal referrals
- Medical problems can threaten your life at the worst possible time – when you’re away from home, far from friends, family and support. Wherever you are, whenever you call, Global Rescue has critical care certified paramedics and physicians dedicated to your medical emergency, able to deploy to the field or your bedside when you need them most. Through our staff physicians and our partnership with Johns Hopkins Medicine, Global Rescue brings world class medical professionals and expertise to solve your problem regardless of location. Our paramedics and physicians are just as comfortable deploying to the remote areas of the world as they are to any major metropolitan city.
- If a member and/or the member’s attending physician require the advice of a specialist, Global Rescue will facilitate timely consultations to provide our members with the answers they need. We are equipped to receive electronic transmission of CT, MRI and X-Ray scans, blood tests and other test results and can arrange to have the images physically collected virtually anywhere in the world and transported to us on a next-flight-out (NFO) basis. When a member is hospitalized, we act collaboratively with the attending physician, frequently deploying to the member’s location to arrange for timely transport or evacuation. The right medical expertise can mean the difference between life and death. Only Global Rescue offers these resources to its members.
Enhance your membership with a security evacuation upgrade:
- Emergency evacuations for non-medical reasons, including war, civil unrest, natural disasters, or other causes
- Evacuation in the event you are more than 160 miles from home and there is a government declaration to leave the area, or you are facing imminent grievous bodily harm
- Deployment of security teams and transport on fixed and rotary wing aircraft as necessary. The world is an unstable and dangerous place. Should you ever need to be evacuated from a terrorist attack, civil unrest, invasion or war, Global Rescue will be there for you. We have performed missions in warzones worldwide, including Lebanon, Chad, the Republic of Georgia and other locations. The experienced military Special Forces veterans who make up our security personnel can provide the solutions our members need. All Global Rescue members have access to basic travel advice including inoculations, culture and customs summaries, natural disaster updates, disease warnings, weather overviews and threat assessments through our website. Additionally, those members who have upgraded their membership to include security services can be evacuated from troubled areas, free of charge. From basic advice, to threat assessments, to tactical security teams comprised of former U.S. military personnel, Global Rescue provides our members with access to solutions for a wide range of threat environments.
When a medical evacuation or transfer is required via private aircraft, Global Rescue utilizes only state-of-the-art, medically equipped, contracted aircraft and whenever possible, endeavors to use CAMTS (Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems) certified service providers. If providers are not CAMTS certified, Global Rescue’s Operations Team has conducted due diligence to ensure the aircraft and flight crews meet our exacting safety and quality standards. Our requirements are stringent – if it isn’t good enough to transport our families, it isn’t good enough to transport our members.
In certain instances, Global Rescue utilizes commercial aircraft to evacuate our members. Through our relationships with the major commercial airlines, Global Rescue is able to improve and extend its domestic and international services. Transport by commercial aircraft with a medical escort is often the best alternative for rapid departure and uninterrupted flights over long distances.
Global Rescue is authorized as an indirect air carrier to provide aeromedical transport services.
Why Global Rescue
Global Rescue medical and security memberships enable our members to control their fate in an uncertain world. By providing world class medical and security response, advice and evacuation, help is only a phone call away.
Because healthcare in much of the world is either poor or nonexistent, Global Rescue provides the medical and security expertise combined with an ability to deploy our own professionals to the exact location of your emergency. We empower our members to decide where and when they want to be transported, giving them a higher likelihood of a positive outcome. When the emergency is far from civilization, Global Rescue can send field rescue teams to where our members need us most. When a natural disaster strikes or political turmoil escalates to civil unrest, members who have upgraded to Global Rescue’s security membership can be immediately transported home safely.
If I’m traveling, will Global rescue fly me home on a private plane if I get sick?
If you require hospitalization and cannot be treated and released at a nearby facility, Global Rescue will transfer you to the home country hospital of your choice. Global Rescue will determine the mode of transport, taking into account member safety, treatment and comfort concerns. To provide the best possible services to members in need, we will only transport members who require hospitalization on an in-patient basis.
Will Global Rescue reimburse me for medical expenses or the cost of my vacation?
Global Rescue is not an insurance company and thus cannot reimburse members for either the cost of treatment arranged by the member or the member’s trip costs. Global Rescue will arrange and pay for all consultative and transport services for our members, provided the member contacts Global Rescue and requests these services.
- Trip cancellation plans Good Neighbor Insurance provides
- Medical travel plans to cover your medical needs once Global Rescue brings you to the medical hospital you requested
If I have signed up for Security Services, will Global Rescue evacuate me from an active war zone?
If the situation in a country deteriorates to the point where an official declaration is made or it is clear that the member will suffer imminent grievous bodily harm, Global Rescue will deploy and rescue the member, bringing them to the nearest safe location prior to evacuating them back to their home country.
Do I have to be an American citizen to join Global Rescue?
Global Rescue membership is available to anyone, regardless of their country of citizenship. We have thousands of foreign national members who enjoy the exact same benefits as U.S. citizens. The only difference is that Global Rescue will transport these members back to their choice of hospital in their home country, rather than the U.S. All prices quoted for memberships are listed in U.S. dollars (USD).
If I’m hospitalized and want to be transported to Johns Hopkins Medicine to receive treatment, will Global Rescue transfer me to a Johns Hopkins Medicine facility?
Global Rescue will transport our members to the domestic hospital of their choice, whether they choose Johns Hopkins Medicine or another healthcare facility. Global Rescue cannot guarantee that there will be space available to admit the member, however. We will do our best to accommodate our member’s preferences and work with the receiving hospital to both gain admittance for our member and manage all of the logistics of the transfer.
Can Global Rescue send and receive data files, faxes, packages, etc?
Global Rescue is equipped to both send and receive information to and from our members in a variety of forms. Our operations center is equipped with state-of-the-art computer systems and sufficient bandwidth to send, receive and manipulate data intensive transmissions. Additionally, Global Rescue has relationships with worldwide couriers who can often provide physical delivery of critical documents and test results on a more rapid and geographically diverse basis than commercially available means such as FedEx. Shipping charges not related to a transfer or performed for our members’ convenience will be the responsibility of the member. All transmissions regarding cases that result in a transfer are included in the price of membership.