Question: Do I need a U.S. address to apply for this plan?
Answer: Yes, you do need a U.S. address to apply for this plan. This address may be your U.S. address or your company’s address in the U.S. There must be a tie to you or to you work that is from the U.S. since this disability plan is based out of the U.S.
Question: Do I have to be a U.S. citizen to apply for this plan?
Answer: No, you do not have to be a U.S. citizen. You may be a non U.S. citizen or a U.S. citizen to apply. However, you must have a U.S. address to apply. This address may be your company’s address here in the U.S. or it may be your personal address here in the U.S
Question: Do I have to be a U.S. resident?
Answer: No, you do not have to be a U.S. resident. However, you must have a U.S. address to apply. This address may be your company’s address here in the U.S. or it may be your personal address here in the U.S.
Question: Do I have to have a U.S. address to purchase this policy?
Answer: Yes. You have to have a U.S. address to purchase this policy. This address may be your personal address, your company’s address here in the U.S., or an address where you call home (aka where your mail is mailed to in the U.S.) during your stay overseas. Your address cannot be a P.O. Box.
Question: What activities are excluded outside of terrorism and war?
- suicide or intentional self-inflicted Injury or poisoning;
- War, declared or undeclared (this is covered if you choose war and terrorism cover rider)
- Act of Terrorism (this is covered if you choose war and terrorism cover rider)
- While committing or attempting to commit a crime
- Taking of illegal or non-prescribed drugs, or addiction or misuse of prescription drugs
- Alcohol abuse or addiction, or being under the influence of alcohol, as defined by the vehicle code of the state or province in which the Accident has occurred
- Mental or Nervous Disorders
- Pre-Existing Conditions such as medical conditions
- Any symptoms of Subjective Pain unless supported by objective medical findings
- Pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions including but not limited to fertility, pre-natal care, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or postpartum conditions.
- Anything related to nuclear, biological or chemical exposure as a result of War, declared or undeclared or Act of Terrorism.
Question: What is the required method of payment?
Answer: Payment may be paid annually, semi-annually, quarterly, or monthly. Paying semi-annually, quarterly, or monthly has a small admin fee that is included in the payment modes. You may find the payment modes once you receive your quote.
Question: Does it make any difference if my country of residence and business are in Ecuador? I do have a US address.
Answer: No it does not make a difference. However we will always need a U.S. address since our insurance company is based out of the U.S. and (underwritten by Lloyds of London).
Specific questions we receive from our clients about specialty jobs/recreational activities covered
Question: Will this cover “on the job” activities as a Scuba Instructor and as well as Scuba activities that are for my own hobby?
Question: Will coverage include all my scuba activities including use of rebreathers, technical diving and underwater exploration?