Ebola coverage on international medical cover is hard to find and can be very tricky. Why? Because Ebola evacuations, for U.S. citizens traveling and residing overseas is all coordinated by the U.S. State Department. The international travel and career insurance plans Good Neighbor Insurance provides does cover Ebola care depending on what type of coverage you have.
Long term career insurance cover at : https://www.gninsurance.com/long-term-international-health-insurance/all-career-plans/
* Our long term career insurance plans do not cover Ebola medical care at this time.
Short term travel insurance cover at https://www.overseastripinsurance.com/geoblue-single-trip-travel-insurance-coverage/:
* The only travel insurance plan (as of February 2015) that does cover Ebola cover is our GeoBlue Voyager Choice and Voyager Essential plans.
* You may view these plans here at https://www.gninsurance.com/geoblue-voyager-choice-essential-single-trip-travel-insurance/#excursion
* All of our other travel insurance plans at https://www.gninsurance.com/international-travel-health-insurance-plans/ do not cover Ebola medical conditions.
International group insurance cover at https://www.gninsurance.com/group/:
* Each international group cover is set up differently depending on what the organization / company has requested. Thus, just because one group insurance policy covers Ebola does not mean the other group insurance policy from the same international insurance company cover Ebola. Thus, read the policy certificate in order to see if Ebola or any other epidemic / pandemic is covered.
* One of our carriers, IMG, does have the option of adding Ebola medical cover to a group insurance option. Here is what IMG stated on international group cover:
In the case of an emergency medical evacuation, it would be limited to countries currently accepting patients from West Africa
It has been reported that on the African continent, all Ebola infected persons must be coordinated with the U.S. State Department if the patient is a US citizen.
Evacuation vendors contracted with IMG have state that they may be able to service the evacuation of a patient Sierra Leone under certain circumstances and evaluated on a case by case basis.
Air ambulance evacuation from West Africa due to Ebola is highly complex and may take days to occur. This potential delay ion Emergency Medical Evacuations applies to ALL evacuations from the region, whether person is infected with Ebola or not.
IMG will work diligently to facilitate and expedite arrangements for an evacuation but many factors outside of IMG’s control may delay or prevent an evacuation.
If you have additional questions on coverage for Ebola or any other type of pandemic medical cover while traveling or residing overseas please call one of our international medical insurance specialist at 866-636-9100 toll free or here in Arizona at 480-633-9500. Or email us at .