- Adobo is the most famous Filipino dish, made from chicken or pork, even seafood, seasoned with vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, pepper and other spices. This food is of Mexican origin. The best way to eat this food, of course, is when you’re in the Philippines.
- Lechon, the national dish of the Philippines, is whole roasted pork. The animal is stuffed with herbs and vegetables, then roasted until it turns reddish brown, while the inside becomes tender and flavorful. The best part of this dish is the crispy skin. This dish is eaten with liver sauce, which is made of pork liver, garlic, brown sugar and other spices.
- Sinigang is a hot and sour soup containing fish, pork, chicken or beef. Sometimes vegetables like kangkong and taro are added. It’s seasoned with tamarind paste and calamansi (Philippine lime). This food is usually eaten with rice.
- Pancit Palabok is a dish made of noodles with shrimp sauce and topped with several ingredients such as boiled pork, fried tofu, cooked shrimp, scallions, etc. This food is usually served at birthday parties.
- Ube Ice Cream has sweet flavor and fresh purple color, made of ube (purple yam), pronounced as ‘oo-bay’. Ube is a kind of vegetable which looks like purple sweet potatoes or purple potatoes. This purple yam used in variety of dessert, such as donuts, cake, milk, etc. But here in the Philippines, this ube (purple yam) is used as an ice cream.
- Halo-Halo which means ‘mix-mix’ is one of dessert that also uses ube as a topping. It is a hodgepodge dessert which is served in a tall glass or a bowl containing shaved ice, sweet beans, fruit, coconut, jelly and of course, ube ice cream. This dessert is perfect for the hot season!
- Biko (bee-koh) is a sweet sticky rice cake made of coconut milk, glutinous rice and brown sugar. It’s usually topped with fried coconut curd which is called ‘latik’.
- Lumpia are Filipino-style spring rolls with a variety of fillings, such as pork, shrimp and vegetables. But there’s also a sweet version of lumpia which is filled with bananas and topped with chocolate or caramel.
- Leche Flan is caramel custard made of condensed milk and egg yolks. This dessert has a smooth and creamy taste which melts in your mouth. And it is one of the desserts that is served at parties or the town festival.
Check us out at http://www.gninsurance.com/ and let our professional trained international insurance agents (toll free number 866-636-9100 provide you peace of mind so that you may enjoy charging your credit card with fun things instead of a bad international hospital bills.