Non ACA U.S. domestic medical insurance for short term cover. Yes, our HCC Short Term Medical (STM) plan is a great option for those who are waiting to get on an ACA (affordable care act) cover. You may view this information on our web page at http://www.gninsurance.com/HCC_Short_Term_Medical_Insurance/. This HCC STM policy is also available to residents of Washington State.
Here is some additional information on this short term medical insurance plan for those residing in the U.S.:
- It is a short-term non-renewable plan, thus it is not an ACA compliant plan.
- You have the option of selecting certain dates of coverage or paying monthly for 6 or 11 months.
- This plans offers various deductibles and also various amounts of co-insurance.
- You may get quotes or apply for this plan online at http://www.gninsurance.com/HCC_Short_Term_Medical_Insurance/.
- After clicking on the link, you will be asked your zip code. Type in your zip code and the next screen will ask for your Date of birth and when you want coverage to begin.
- Fill in that information and the next screen will show you rates for various options.
- If you pay monthly you can let it run until you no longer need it and then cancel.
- If you purchase for set dates, keep in mind that this policy can be purchased a maximum of twice in 12 months.
- This plan features a $50 co-pay for use of Urgent Care.
Is this HCC STM cover a good option for your long term medical care here in the U.S? No! It is meant to be a “bridge” for you while you are waiting to get on an ACA (affordable care act) policy. You may have missed the open enrollment date or do not have a SEP (http://www.gnazhealth.com/blog/news-and-helpful-links/sep-mean/) option. Thus, this short term medical policy will work perfectly for you. Since it is not an ACA policy it does not have any “bells and whistles” benefits such as preventative check-ups. However, this short term plan is meant for “worse case situations” like being in a car crash or falling down the stairs.