For your children who need to continue their education in Thailand for a degree or just only for a semester, we have some great information on the best universities in Thailand.
Before your children can be a student in a Thai university, they must take three admission exams. These three entrance exams are:
- The Ordinary National Education Test (O-NET), test for all subject studied in upper level
- The General Aptitude Test (GAT), test for English abilities
- The Professional Aptitude Test (PAT), test for mathematics, science, etc.
The admission will be approved if you children exam’s result is 25% each for GAT & PAT and 30% for O-NET. Also, they need to have at least a 2.0 GPA at their secondary school. After they have been approved, they may choose five different universities they want through the Central University Admission System. This is similar to the UCAS system in UK.
There are two types of degrees offered by Thai universities:
- Undergraduate Degrees, it is take from 2 to 6 years to complete. Here are some types:
- Associate Degrees, take 2 years to complete
- Bachelor Degrees, take 4 years to complete
- The Diploma of Vocational / Technical Education, take 2 years to complete and available in a range of vocational subjects.
- The Higher Diploma in Technical Education, take 4 years to complete
- Postgraduate Course, can take from 1 to 4 years to complete. Here are some types:
- Masters Degrees, take 2 years to complete
- The Higher Graduate Diplomas, only available in medical subjects
- PhD courses, take 2 – 5 years to complete
Good Neighbor Insurance provides international medical insurance for those residing in Thailand. Good Neighbor Insurance provides a variety over overseas medical cover to fit a variety of request from our guests, you! Head over to view some of our many international medical insurance plans at https://www.overseastripinsurance.com or call one of our licensed agents at 866-636-9100 or email us at .
Below are some recommendations of best universities in Thailand that is perfect for expat:
- Stamford University, http://www.stamford.edu/
This university has 3 campus: Rama 9 Campus, Asoka Campus and Hu Hin Campus. 70% of teachers are international teachers. Before you study here, all international student should have a Non-Immigrant ED visa. The university also offers accommodation service, arrival service, scholarships and other benefits. For more info visit: http://www.stamford.edu/international-student/ or contact the university:
- Webster University Thailand, http://www.webster.ac.th
This university is an international campus of Webster University based on Missouri, US. Students from more than 60 countries enroll at this university. Information for admission visit: http://www.webster.ac.th/admissions/ or contact:
- Chulalongkorn University, http://www.chula.ac.th/en/
This University is the highest-ranked university in Thailand and located in downtown Bangkok.
For more information about admission and requirements for international students, you may visit this link: http://www.chula.ac.th/en/admission/international_admission
Or contact the university through their e-mail:
- Chiang Mai University, http://www.cmu.ac.th/en/index.php
This university is the highest-ranked university which located outside Bangkok. More info for admission, tuition, programs, etc. visit: http://www.cmu.ac.th/en/engaboutcmu.php?id=12
You may also consider some of other best university in Thailand from the list here: http://www.4icu.org/th/
You also need to know that public universities in Thailand will charge the tuition fees depending on the course. But it is relatively cheap by the UK standards. Beside tuition fees, you may need to pay for other expenses such as health services and textbooks. In order to avoid the extra fees, you need to confirm what is included on the basic tuition fee on the university that you have chosen.
Good Neighbor Insurance has been in business since 1997! Every one of our international trained and licensed insurance agents has a heart to serve you, our guests. It is a joy to know that we can provide you all with peace of mind with one of our many overseas medical insurance options to safe guard from financial calamity as well as providing you the best medical care while on your travels. To connect with Good Neighbor Insurance, please email us at or call us here in our Gilbert, Arizona office at 480-633-9500 or toll free at 866-636-9100.