Travel insurance with pre-existing medical condition coverage! True good to be true? It is truly good and yes it is true! Thus, all pre-existing conditions are covered on the Voyager Choice travel insurance plan as long as it is not for maintenance of a medical condition.
Good Neighbor Insurance has been providing GeoBlue travel insurance since the start of 2000. Back then, GeoBlue was called HTH. Now with Blue Cross Association partnering with HTH, they changed their name from HTH to GeoBlue.
GeoBlue has there great single trip plans called the Voyager Choice, www.overseastripinsurance.com/hth-geoblue-voyager-choice-single-trip-travel-insurance, and the Voyager Essential. The Voyager Choice is the travel insurance plan that will cover pre-existing medical conditions, if you have any.
Check this vacation travel plan here at https://www.overseastripinsurance.com/geoblue-voyager-choice-single-trip-travel-insurance/.
Updated as of January 2015
GeoBlue / HTH Worldwide short-term plans will be underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, rated A+ by A.M. Best Company.
- Must have U.S. domestic insurance or Medicare Part A, Part B, and Part C to be covered on this travel insurance plan if using the Voyager Choice travel plan.
- Covers pre-existing health conditions using the Voyager Choice travel plan.
- Any coverage for maintenance medical care and maintenance Rx is not covered.
- Maintenance medical care also includes medications prescribed for chronic and/or long-term medical conditions or Rx taken on an ongoing basis.
- Any drugs, medications, or other substances except as specifically stated in this Plan are excluded. This includes, but is not limited to, items dispensed by a Physician.
- Rx Examples: birth control, heartburn/acid reflux medication or anti-depressants.
- Medical maintenance examples: Needing blood transfusions on a continual basis for diabetes. Any ongoing medical condition or past medical condition that needs to be monitored and/or checked on a regular basis.
- Treatment of mental disorders or functional nervous disorders are not covered under the policy
- Policy holder cannot be disabled at the time of travel and cannot be on a waiting list for any treatment
- Policy holder cannot travel against the advice of a physician / medical facility.
- Coverage starts for U.S. and non U.S. citizens starting their travels outside the U.S. from their U.S. resident
- GeoBlue Voyager Choice available in all 50 states and DC.