If you are moving to South Korea and looking for the best schools for your children there, then this article is for you! The schooling options in South Korea are limited for foreign residents. However, there are some international schools and Foreign Schools that may interest you!
First of all, there is a difference between international schools and foreign schools. International schools are open for everyone who can afford to pay the tuition fees, while foreign schools are specifically for international students but are eligible for ethnic Koreans who may make up to 30% of the student population.
The admission required for international/foreign students are different from school to school. Below are some of basic documents that you need to be prepared to bring when wanting to enroll your child(ren):
- Completed application form
- Proof of eligibility to attend international school in Korea
- Letter of recommendation from previous schools or recent teacher
- Photocopy of passport
- Medical forms
- Application and registration fees
Some international school also require admission test (interview, reading, writing and math test) for 1st – 9th grade students. Most international schools accept application throughout the year. But it’s best to apply before the school year starts.
When traveling and living overseas one must also keep in mind about international medical insurance. There are a variety of options which you may view here at one of our web pages at https://www.overseastripinsurance.com/#medical-plans. Good Neighbor Insurance provides many international medical insurance cover options for our clients.
There are many of international and foreign schools in South Korea, so it will be difficult to choose between those schools. Below are some recommendations of the best schools for expat in South Korea:
- For international schools
- Korea International School, http://www.kis.or.kr/ is an elite K-12 school which provide education from elementary school until high school level. It is located in Bundang-gu, a suburban residential area right outside of Seoul. This school offers an American-based curriculum. Here is the information for tuition fee and other fees that may need to be prepared, http://bit.ly/2sBOkqy. Admission can be applied manually by downloading the application form or by fill out the application online. Here is the link for application steps: http://bit.ly/2rJN98u and for online application here: http://bit.ly/2s2x1Cl. You can also contact the institute directly via email to .
- Seoul International School, https://siskorea.org/ is a private K-12 academic institution which provide U.S. curriculum for primary and secondary educational needs for expat/international students living Korea. Why choose this school, here are some good point offered by Seoul International School, excellence academic, qualified teachers, beautiful campus, extracurricular activities such as tennis, soccer, swimming, basketball, and many more. Here is the info for tuition and fees: http://bit.ly/2s2G4De , for application procedure: http://bit.ly/2rzthXx and for the link for online application: http://bit.ly/2rTgdgf. You can also contact the admission fee via email to
Beside two best international schools above, there are also some best schools such as, Yongsan International School, https://www.yisseoul.org/ , Taejon Christian International School, http://www.tcis.or.kr/ , Dwight School Seoul, http://dwight.or.kr/ and Dulwich College Seoul http://www.dulwich-seoul.kr/.
- For foreign schools
- Seoul Foreign British School, http://www.seoulforeign.org/page.cfm?p=334 is a part of education offered by Seoul Foreign School. The school is the oldest British curriculum school in Seoul. It is also the only international school which hold the registration number with the UK Department for Education. This school offer excellence academic, creativity, physical and spiritual well-being for its students. For tuition and fees info visit: http://bit.ly/2qVrtoV and for online application visit: http://bit.ly/2s2BF31. Contact the school office at .
- Busan Foreign School, http://www.busanforeignschool.org/ is located in Busan and the school is the partner of Seoul Foreign School. Using the American based curriculum, the school aims to providing the education that nurture the student’s social, intellectual, emotional and physical growth. You can download the application form here: http://bit.ly/2sC1GmN. The school provide education from childhood level until high school. It is also providing food service (cafeteria), school bus, etc. Contact the school at .
Good Neighbor Insurance has been in business since 1997! Every one of our international trained and licensed insurance agents has a heart to serve you, our guests. It is a joy to know that we can provide you all with peace of mind with one of our many overseas medical insurance options to safe guard from financial calamity as well as providing you the best medical care while on your travels. To connect with Good Neighbor Insurance, please email us at or call us here in our Gilbert, Arizona office at 480-633-9500 or toll free at 866-636-9100.