A GREAT Travel Guard International Medical Plan with Trip Cancellation
THIS TRAVEL GUARD TRIP INSURANCE INCLUDES ADVENTURE SPORTS COVERAGE – For reasons stated below, we encourage purchase within 15 days of making your initial trip deposit.
Why we like this particular TravelGuard Trip Cancellation Plan – It includes most adventure sports, trekking, biking, safari tours, and more!
- The best option for adventure sports vacations, such as trekking or safari tours if you require trip cancellation:
- The optional Trip cancellation covers 100% of insured trip cost (Where most trip cancellation policies cover only 50%-70% – For reasons beyond your control – See brochure)
- Cancel for any reason with 50% reimbursement. Read more here.
- Trip interruption covered at 150% of insured trip cost. Read more here.
- This plan is used as your primary insurance (so you won’t need to submit claims to your own insurance and risk higher premiums, if bought within 15 days – See below)
- Includes children free of charge (up to age 17) when accompanied by paying adult
- Accepts travelers 80+ years of age
- Not required to have major medical insurance in the USA to use this plan
- Can be used to protect you in the U.S., as well as overseas
- TravelGuard is well known to travelers, and this is one of their better plans for coverage and cost effectiveness
A few advantages and items to consider when choosing this TravelGuard Trip Cancellation policy:
- Includes emergency medical evacuation of $500,000
- No major medical insurance in the USA is needed to use this plan
- One way trips are also covered. (Your return date should state the date on which the insured is scheduled to return to the point where the trip is started or a specified (an example: what is on your airline ticket) return destination.
- Allows for coverage in the U.S. as well as for overseas coverage
- Mountaineering where ropes or guides are normally used is covered – No sport altitude/height restrictions
- Coverage plan starts the day you walk out your residence on the trip till the time you come back to your residence from your trip
- Must be a U.S. or Canadian resident, and trip must originate from the U.S. or Canada
- Includes Repatriation of remains
- Includes AD&D (Accidental death and dismemberment up to $10,000) – Upgradable!
- Trip interruption covered at 150% of insured trip cost, Return air, Trip delay (Up to $1500), missed connection ($250)
- Loss of equipment, baggage and/or personal effects (Up to $2,500), Equipment delay (Up to $1,500)
- License fee refund
- Family coverage at no additional charge for all children (age 17 and under) who are traveling with/ related to the primary adult (Must be named on the enrollment form)
- Emergency travel services such as business assistant and identity theft, much more – See brochure
- Check brochure for list of all adventure sports covered (including contests of speed, motor sport or motor racing including training or practice for the same)
- Includes coverage for professional sports
- There are not any general exclusions that pertain to professional sports
- However, there is an exclusion for contest of speed for car rental coverage
- Some states not covered CT, IL, IN, KS, NH, NY, SD, TX and WA
Specific good reasons to purchase within 15 days of initial trip deposit:
- Adds coverage against a pre-existing medical condition that forces you to cancel (applies to first $30,000 of coverage)
- Missed connection bonus is increased to $500
- Flight Guard $10,000 AD&D benefit is automatically increased to $50,000
- TG Medical coverage becomes your primary insurance, even over personal domestic policies
- Coverage against cruise line, tour operator or airline default – Call us for more details
YOU HAVE OPTIONS WITH THIS TG SHORT TERM TRIP CANCELLATION PLAN
- Option to insure 100% of insured trip cost (Up to $100,000 for specific reasons beyond your control)
- Can add optional “cancel for any reason” trip cancellation to recoup 50% of trip costs (must purchase within 15 days of your initial deposit)
- Medical benefit of $25,000 can be upgraded to $50,000 (recommended)
- Equipment, baggage, or loss of personal effects (Up to $2,500) Also can be upgraded to $5000 (for $35 fee)
- Optional car rental collision coverage (up to $35,000 in damages)
- Can add FlightGuard which covers accidental death or dismemberment while flying (additional $500,000 benefit)